NS_DataLagTimer is a custom Market Analyzer column which monitors and displays the lag in your incoming datafeed from the servers. From time to time, a sudden influx of volume can introduce a temporary time lag in your data. If you are trading from a chart, a significant lag can introduce trading errors because the price you see is not the current market price. When this happens, it is unsafe and you should wait until conditions normalize. The datalag is displayed in seconds, making this easy to keep track of.
Traders need the Datalag Timer software because they must ensure the integrity of their data. Any lags in the datafeed can cause trading errors. A brief small lag may be OK but when there is a significant lag, trading should be stopped until the issue is resolved. The scanner column continually updates the amount of the time lag (shown in seconds), making this easy to monitor and act accordingly.
- Market Analyzer Column displaying the datafeed time lag
- Lag time based on computer clock and tick datafeed timestamps
- Clock Adjustment for Time Zone Difference
The Datalag Timer software is best used as a small window that is always visible in your workspace. This makes it easy to monitor the integrity of your datafeed. Anytime the lag gets too large, you’ll know to stop trading. The lag is constantly updated so you will know when it is safe to trade again.
- Stops traders from getting stopped out due to lag related trading errors
- Stops traders from getting unexplained bad fills
- Stops traders from trading in unsafe conditions
- Stops traders from overlooking one of the common causes of execution errors